Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mission Of Burma - Live At The Echo

The same weekend Cock Sparrer played in San Francisco, Mission Of Burma played in Los Angeles. Well they also played in San Francisco on Saturday, but I was at the Sparrer show so that wasn't gonna happen. So it was Sparrer in San Francisco on Saturday & Burma in Los Angeles on Sunday. A bit of a trip, but it was deffinetley worth it. as always, Burma put on one hell of a show. If you haven't heard by now, they just recently released a new album titled The Sound The Speed The Light. Just as every other release of theirs, this one does not disappoint.

Now unfortunatley, the show was moved to The Echo at the last minute. It was originally scheduled at The Echoplex, which located right below The Echo. Not to say that The Echo is a bad place, it is much smaller than the Echoplex so it has much more of a bar feeling to it, but The Echoplex has a much better sound system. But despite this, the show was still none the less amazing. They played a great mixture of old and new. I couldn't have asked for more. So check out the videos, listen to the tunes, & let me know what you think! Enjoy!














Live At The Echo

Dirt
So Fuck It
Blunder
2wice
Forget Yourself
Here It Comes
Comes Undone
Nu Disco
Academy Fight Song
This Is Not A Photograph
Trem Two
One Day We Will Live There/Untitled
Spider's Web
1,2,3, Party!
Careening With Conviction
That's How I Escaped My Certain Fate
Learn How
-------
-----------------
Missing Tracks
-----------------
P.S. The two Untitled songs just stumped me! I went through all my Burma material (which is just about everything they ever released) and I still could not come up with the titles. I know I've heard these songs somewhere. Maybe they're covers, but I just can't put my finger on them. Help?! Anyone?!

8 comments:

eyenoise said...

Track 6 is "Here It Comes", b-side of the "Innermost" 7". The downloaded folder only has the first 9 tracks, so I can't help with the other one.

Thanks for posting this.

ograwker said...

Hey thanks a lot for letting me know about the file. Just re uploaded it. And thanks also for info about track 6. Did not even know they released that 7". Do you happen to to have a copy you can upload? I would love to hear it. Anyways,thanks again!

Corkybud said...

Great show...but after reupload track 10 ("This Is Not A Photograph") and the final Number "Learn How" are missing. Thanks for the post!

Pictor said...

nallysI am lucky to live in the Boston area, they are playing two nights at the Paradise this month. I haven't heard
Here it comes live yet though, thanks for the posting

eyenoise said...

Hmm, maybe "Innermost" was not an actual 7"? It's still available as a download from Matador, etc.

PANKERIJADA said...

Horrible blog. Just a shallow consumerist thing without the slightest bit of interest for the music, the bands, the times. You really shouldn't do that. It's a waste of others people's talent.

Unknown said...

I learn a lot from your blog thanks.Vendant les chaussures sport, notre objectif est d’établir un réseau complet fournissant des sports chaussures pas chères. Nous avons établi une bonne relation coopérative à long terme avec des sources de fabricants et avec des agents des sports chaussures, de plus, toutes les marchandises ont la garantie de qualité et de crédibilité, donc vous êtes rassuré de les acheter et les utiliser, nous n’épargnerons aucun effort pour vous donner notre services parfaits.

Unknown said...

I really like your articles
============
OUTSOURCE Projects Available