Monday, July 14, 2008

Bloodsport

As mentioned before in the Strike Under post, Chris Bjorklund would go on to form Bloodsport in 1984. What I forgot to mention was Trial By Fire. Right after the demise of Strike Under, the remaining members (excluding Steve Bjorklund) would form Trial By Fire. I believe they recorded what would be their debut, but nothing was ever released. Naked Raygun would cover their song "Rocks Of Sweden" on the Rat Music For Rat People Vol. III compilation. If anyone out there has any of their recorded material and are willing to share, please let me know. I'd love to take a listen!

Back to Bloodsport. They released their I Am The Game LP in 1985 (Homestead). If I had to compare it to anything, I'd have to say the Effigies. Anything from For Ever Grounded and on. The first two tracks are my favorites. Drummer Joe Haggerty would later join Pegboy with his brother John Haggerty. Other members would sporadicly play with the Effigies.





I Am The Game

Better & Best
Hangman's Dance
Rhymes Of Reason
Ghosts Of Scrooge
Sixes & Sevens
Mettle Of Man
Killing Floor
-------
Get It
-------

2 comments:

Icky said...

Excellent post - excellent blog!

Thanks for this.

Douchess of York said...

Excellent album, one of my all-time faves. Bloodsport also recorded a song for the chicago compilation "hog butcher for the world". And there is even a bloodsport page on myspace!

DD