Monday, April 7, 2008

Punk Collection 1977

Here we got a nice Italian import simply titled Punk Collection (RCA Records 1977). It's a nice compilation of both U.S. & U.K. punk bands. Artists include Dead Boys, Ramones, Patti Smith, Eater, Models, The Boys & others. One of my favorite tracks here is from an artist I know almost nothing about. Richard Moore's Roll It Up is a great song. I believe he was from New York but I'm not sure. If anyone out there has any info on him or other recordings of his, please fill me in. I prefer the version of Eater's Thinking Of The U.S.A. here over their single version. The bass stands out a bit more. Fall Out was a great first single from The Police. Sounds nothing like their later recordings. I'm sure you all have most of these songs, but there might be one or two you don't! Enjoy!

(I left out a few tracks that weren't exactly "punk" and frankly just aren't very good)




Punk Collection

Ramones - Sheena Is A Punk Rocker
The Boys - I Don't Care
Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers - Born To Lose
Eater - Thinking Of The U.S.A.
Models - Freeze
The Electric Chairs - Stuck On You
Iggy Pop - Funtime
The Police - Fall Out
Richard Moore - Roll It Up
Dead Boys - Sonic Reducer
Richard Hell & The Void Oids - Love Comes In Spurts
Patti Smith - Piss Factory
-------
Get It
-------

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no conection